April 8, 2914 - I'm finally back home!!! I finally left Dubai. I could not stomach the place. 2 months was enough for me. I'm glad I made the decision sooner rather than later. I could not imagine working there for 2 years. I now have a renewed or rather baptized appreciation for the Philippines.
So what is up with the Pasig River? Was it always this lame? I remember a story my late mom (God bless her soul) told me about her childhood about how they swam and washed their clothes in the river. Yes, very typical. At that time, they were lucky to have a house by the Pasig's banks, I doubt it's as satisfying now given that the river is now a "dump." I haven't been to that house in a long time and last I went, they cordoned off the area leading to the water. So what was Pasig before all the pollution? Was it a significant part of Manileno culture? Or was it really just a decoration or maybe an infrastructural curse and that's why no one went up in arms when factories started spilling their wastes on this body of water leading to its decay? I will need more research. I hope someone who knows anything would leave a comment though. But for now, here are some more pictures. The bathtub of (literal) wet dreams Abandoned station from the...
Comments
Post a Comment