Life Isn't A Job. Cliched. (Part I)
ooohhh... interesting?
This used to be me. I admit, it does look good, very manly. The type of card that makes you feel like you're Ryan Gosling in Crazy, Stupid, Love and makes you thing you'll get your Emma Stone soon.
But only on paper and on paper it shall remain.
In the 2 months that I worked as a business advisor for this Indian-run consultancy firm, I was able to help rich kids (not all but a lot of the clients) set up shop in the UAE. People think that setting up businesses in the UAE is as simple as 1-2-3 but that's not really how it works. Simply put, one can fall under: Offshore Corporation, Freezone Company or Limited Liability Company (LLC) - which is the most complex of the three. (Shameless plug: I could explain it to anyone for free if anyone is curious since I still know the ropes. Including costs and timelines.)
consultant's table. taste the leather.
I left NASDAQ Manila for this? Essentially, I left a really good career in the Philippines for money. You could argue that experiences gained in the Middle East are far better than the ones you could ever have in the Philippines, yes and no. But more no than yes. Yes - only because you get more exposure to people of different nationalities so you A) expand your network and B) improve your communication abilities (and for most, improve your English). But it's a net no because this is all good only on paper once again. It's all just flowers for your resume. But whatever you could possibly learn in Dubai, you could learn at an even higher degree in Manila...
TO BE CONTINUED


Comments
Post a Comment